Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mai!
After an inspirational trip to Japan, Laura thought it would be fun to create a little Engendrito with asian features and started working on it immediately. Such a beautiful and interesting country to visit!
Mai’s name comes from “Antheraea yamamai”, more commonly known as the “Japanese silk moth”. This moth – or its worm stage, to be precise – is responsible for producing tensan, which is a very rare and expensive kind of silk that is produced only in a few places in Japan nowadays.
Your Mai package includes:
- Assembled doll (make up is optional)
- Certificate of authenticity
- Box and cushion
- Special Mai outfit (design still to be determined)
- A pair of glass eyes (random color)
- Dolls are ready to ship approximately 5 months after the pre-order takes place. This is an estimate date for production and it may be subject to changes.
- Available payment methods are the following:
- Full payments through Paypal
- Full payments through bank transfer.
- 4 month layaway plan through Paypal. If you wish to learn more about how the layaway plan works, check the guide here
- Purchases are limited to 1 doll per order. You can place several orders but you must complete one before placing another.
- Pre-ordering a doll with make up may increase the wait period slightly, since they’re all made by hand by one single person.
You can check the status of your order anytime by visiting ‘My Account’ section. Before you place a pre-order, please read our ‘FAQ & Additional Info’ and ‘Terms and Conditions’ sections carefully.
Down below you can check our make-up chart: