Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mai!
After an inspirational trip to Japan, Laura thought it would be fun to create a little Engendrito with asian features and started working on it immediately. Such a beautiful and interesting country to visit!
Mai’s name comes from “Antheraea yamamai”, more commonly known as the “Japanese silk moth”. This moth – or its worm stage, to be precise – is responsible for producing tensan, which is a very rare and expensive kind of silk that is produced only in a few places in Japan nowadays.
Your Mai package includes:
- Assembled doll (make up is optional)
- Certificate of authenticity
- Box and cushion
- Special Mai outfit (design still to be determined)
- A pair of glass eyes (random color)
- Dolls are ready to ship approximately 5 months after the pre-order takes place. This is an estimate date for production and it may be subject to changes.
- Available payment methods are the following:
- Full payments through Paypal
- Full payments through bank transfer.
- 4 month layaway plan through Paypal. If you wish to learn more about how the layaway plan works, check the guide here
- Purchases are limited to 1 doll per order. You can place several orders but you must complete one before placing another.
- Pre-ordering a doll with make up may increase the wait period slightly, since they’re all made by hand by one single person.
Down below you can check our make-up chart: